Why Choose an All-Natural Pomade?
May 1st 2023
The hair care and personal grooming markets are absolutely flooded with products today. New companies are constantly popping up that either make bold claims about why they’re the best or simply try to make the most ridiculous advertisements to go viral on social media. In either case, you could be left wondering what product is right for you and your hair.
Thankfully, there’s an easy way to decide. When picking a pomade, make sure you understand why choosing an all-natural pomade could be the best choice not only for achieving your best hair style, but also for taking care of your hair, skin, and scalp.
What’s So Bad About Standard Water-Based Gels and Oil-Based Pomades?
First, you need to understand the truth about most of the styling products on the market. The fact of the matter is this — too many of the standard styling products on the market are full of harmful chemicals and other ingredients made in a lab. Your body was not made to deal with these chemicals on a regular basis, and you could experience negative side effects as a result. Using these chemical-laced products consistently can lead to discomfort, acne outbreaks, dandruff, and the dreaded “bad hair day.”
Most standard styling products fall into one of two categories — water-based gels and oil-based pomades. Let’s take a closer look at the main problems of both types of products.
Many people are familiar with water-based gels, as they’re some of the most common hair-styling products available that most people use at some point in their life. And while these products can be pretty affordable, this comes at the cost of using cheap ingredients that are not good for your hair.
Water-based gels leave your hair feeling hard and crunchy. They also have a tendency to deteriorate as the day progresses, causing flakes and limp-looking hair. Water-based gels can also dry out your hair and scalp, giving you dandruff and leaving you feeling unsatisfied with your hair over time.
When people decide to move on from water-based gels, the next place they land is often…
Oil-based pomades are the first logical alternative to water-based gels for many buyers, but they create as many problems as they solve. For instance, they’re extremely difficult to wash out after applying. This can cause hair to look oily and feel heavy as you go about your day. Then, these extra oils in your hair can cause staining on your pillowcases if you go to bed without adequately washing it out.
People with sensitive skin will also find issues with oil-based pomades. These products can aggravate the skin, causing break-outs and unpleasant sensations. This is reason enough for many people to step away from using oil-based products.
What Are All-Natural Pomades?
All-natural pomades are products that use only naturally derived ingredients in their recipes. They’re often referred to as “unorthodox oil-based pomades” if they contain beeswax as their primary holding agent. But you’ll find that they’re far superior to traditional oil-based pomades and water-based hair gels.
For instance, the ingredients used in all-natural pomades like the ones made by Lox & Company are actually good for you. They nourish, hydrate, strengthen, and condition your hair, beard, skin, and scalp. Your hair and skin might actually look and feel better after using all-natural pomades over time.
And this is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the superiority of all-natural pomades over the chemical-laced products you can find on most store shelves.
What Are the Benefits of All-Natural Pomades?
Here’s a closer look at some of the many benefits of using all-natural pomades:
- Washes out with ease: One of the most popular benefits of our all-natural pomades is that they wash out with ease. All you need is a little bit of shampoo to strip the pomade from your hair!
- Delivers superior hydration: The ingredients in all-natural pomade, which you can learn more about in the next section, nourish and hydrate your hair. This can make your hair and scalp feel amazing while reducing skin irritation and dandruff. Some users of our classic pomades even report not having to use a drop of conditioner in their hair since switching!
- Decreases acne: Speaking of skin irritation, many chemical-laced hair products inflame acne, especially if you have sensitive skin. All-natural pomades condition and nourish your skin, helping to reduce acne flare-ups and irritation.
- Provides unsurpassed “build up”: “Build up” is when you leave pomade in your hair for a period of time. This may seem unhygienic, but it’s actually great for your hair when using all-natural pomades. Simply leave pomade in your hair at the end of the day, and only rinse with water (no shampoo) the next time you shower. As the days go by, you’ll need to apply less and less fresh pomade to achieve a sharp, groomed look. Use shampoo whenever you’re ready to restart the build up process.
What Ingredients Are in All-Natural Pomades?
Now let’s take a look at some of the ingredients you might find in all-natural pomades. The ones listed below are all ingredients we use to make our high-quality classic pomades:
- Beeswax: Worker bees create beeswax to provide the structure of a honeycomb. It is commonly used in waxes and balms and has a reputation for holding hair in place. It even functions as a sealant, helping to repel grime and dirt. The high Vitamin A content in beeswax makes it highly moisturizing for your hair.
- Shea butter: Shea butter is the extracted fat from the nuts of shea trees. It provides moisture to the hair and scalp, reduces frizz, and protects hair from the sun’s harmful UV rays.
- Essential oils: There are a variety of essential oils used in the making of all-natural pomades. We use them to achieve incredible smells in our pomades, like our original Battle Wax, which smells like creamy vanilla and stimulating key lime. Besides offering their scents, many essential oils offer unique benefits to your hair, skin, and scalp.
- Almond oil: Derived from real almonds, almond oil is an essential oil that possesses moisturizing and strengthening properties for the hair and scalp. It may also contribute to an improvement in one’s skin tone and complexion.
- Botanical oils: Botanical oils, when used as part of a daily skincare routine, can help rehydrate, nourish, and feed the skin. They’re derived from various seeds, flowers, and plants.
- Vitamin E: Vitamin E oil is purported to aid in moisturizing skin, healing wounds, preventing skin cancer, reducing itching, alleviating eczema symptoms, preventing or minimizing the appearance of scars, treating and preventing wrinkles, and so much more, according to Medical News Today.
- Castor seed oil: Castor oil is packed with nutrients, including vitamin E, proteins, and omega fatty acids. It can help prevent hair loss, premature graying hair, and irritated scalp issues. It may also promote hair growth!
- Carnauba wax: Also known as Brazil wax or palm wax, carnauba wax is an all-natural emulsifier, thickener, and softener found in many grooming and hygiene products today, including some of our own products.
- Bentonite clay: Bentonite clay helps moisturize the hair by clarifying the follicles, allowing them to absorb moisture and stay hydrated. It can also benefit the scalp by removing toxins and dead skin cells, allowing deep cleansing to take place.
Lox & Company Classic All-Natural Pomades
Now that you know more about all-natural pomades, you may be wondering — what kind of all-natural pomades does Lox & Company offer?
We have several classic pomades for you to choose from, each with their own unique scent, hold level, and sheen level. Here are some of our most popular classic pomades:
- Battle Wax Hair & Beard Pomade
- Wardaddy Wax Clay Slick Pomade
- ¡Manos Arribas! Supreme Slick Pomade
- Charlie’s Nightmare Clay Slick Pomade
- Vixen Valor Pomade
We also have amazing seasonal pomades that only stick around for a few months at a time. Sign up for our newsletter and follow us on social media to make sure you don’t miss out!
Treat Your Hair Right With Lox & Company Pomades
Are you ready to ditch the chemical-based products for our all-natural pomades? Shop our classic pomades to find the perfect, new solution for your hair-care routine. Trust us, your hair and scalp will thank you!
Have more specific questions? Feel free to contact our team, and we’ll be sure to get back to you right away!